Re: Manually adding to an index

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 19:01:57 GMT
Peter Ensch wrote on 02/24/2005 12:49 PM:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 12:38:07PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
>
>>however, I'm not really following. you're wanting to return a match for
>>something that isn't really in the index?
>

> Exactly. I know that's probably not 'in the spirit' of swish-e, but I
> doubt if it's that an uncommon desire.

no, not in the spirit. but understandable. I think you want something
like semantic (sympathetic) indexing, where a search for some words
turns up a hit for docs that don't actually contain those words but
words "like" them.

>>> or can you create a file that is actually indexed and
>>>which ends up somehow creating the same effect.

I think that's your easiest workaround.

--
  Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com