Re: Arguments to test_url

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 17:10:10 GMT
I'll take a stab.

The short answer to your question is 'no', as it is, test_url() is not passed
more than the uri and the server object as arguments. See about line 1309.
test_url() is called from within check_user_function() (around line 1054).

here's what actually gets passed to test_url() in check_user_function()

   eval { $ret = $sub->( $uri, $server, @_ ) };

so it looks like any other argument passed into check_user_function(), beyond
the subref, the uri, and the server object, also gets passed on to &subref.

so you might do this, around line 1313:

-    return unless check_user_function( 'test_url', $u, $server );

+    return unless check_user_function( 'test_url', $u, $server. $base );

where $u is the url, $server is the object, and $base is the page you're on (I
think). Add $base and check for it in your test_url code. Remember it's the 3rd
param, so you'd have to do something like:

sub my_test_url
{
   my ($u, $server, $base) = @_;
  # etc...

}

pek

Cliff Addy scribbled on 2/23/05 6:56 AM: