Arguments to test_url

From: Cliff Addy <swishe(at)not-real.ns.compucast.com>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 12:57:35 GMT
I'm sure this has been asked before, but the archive search function seems
to be broken ...

Are there any arguments other that $uri passed to the test_url callback?
Specifically, I'd like to know the current document that $uri was parsed
from.

The exact problem I'm trying to solve is looping around in a dynamic
document area.  The document is a cgi with particular month/year arguments
and links to the same cgi with next and previous months arguments are
generated.  spider.pl is essentially following an infinite set of links,
when I stopped it it had reached May 3752.

My thinking is to skip a uri of .pl, .cgi, etc if the argument is a call
to itself or at least skip links from a dynamic document to another one.
However, to attempt that, I need to know what the current URL is.

Cliff