Re: problems with tolower

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 22:25:10 GMT
On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:14:37PM -0800, dasoso@alumni.uv.es wrote:
>     Swish-e indexes the word PESTAÑA as pestaÑa, so if a user
> searches for pestaña swish-e returns no results. The same happends
> with Águila or águila, indexed as Águila and águila but swish-e
> returns no results for aguila.

moseley@bumby:~$ cat t.txt
PESTAÑA Águila águila
moseley@bumby:~$ swish-e -i t.txt -T indexed_words -v0
    Adding:[1:swishdefault(1)]   'pestaña'   Pos:5  Stuct:0x9 ( BODY FILE )
    Adding:[1:swishdefault(1)]   'águila'   Pos:6  Stuct:0x9 ( BODY FILE )
    Adding:[1:swishdefault(1)]   'águila'   Pos:7  Stuct:0x9 ( BODY FILE )

Must be your locale setting.  I'm using es_ES above, but I get the
same with my default locale of en_US.  And searches
work:

moseley@bumby:~$ swish-e -w pestaña -H0
1000 t.txt "t.txt" 22