Re: Swish-e.org Website

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 06:49:52 GMT
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 08:18:58PM -0800, Peter Farmer wrote:
> a few small rendering issues found so far :
> The font you are using for the "[List Archive]" label in the search page
> results appears to be a bit small when rendered on some browsers (almost
> unreadable on IE) .

People still use IE?  I was thinking it looks too big on firefox, but
the style sheet say 50%, so it might be too small.

> The manual page boxed text areas (Synopsis etc) arent quite wrapping text
> correctly (need to horiz. scroll off screen - which I presume is not your
> intent).

That's all <pre> sections, so it's not suppose to wrap.  css is
generating the boxes so it does look odd when the text runs out the
right side of those boxes.

> On Firefox the text doesnt wrap, though the box  stays within the
> viewable window so the text overflows the box outline . On IE the box  fully
> contains the text, but the text doesnt wrap on long lines and so the box goes
> off screen.

Yep.  I suspect one could go crazy trying to make a css driven site
work in all browsers.  But, hey, it validates!