Re: Swish-e.org Website

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 06:25:58 GMT
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 08:05:28PM -0800, J Robinson wrote:
> I like the new site a lot. A few comments:

Ok, but just a few.

> * it would be good to preserve some of the URLs so
> that the many links into swish-e.org on the web didn't
> all break.

That's done to trick the spiders.  We discussed adding redirects
and probably will for a few.  Time permitting.  But we wanted to make
it a *new* experience for our users.  We considered unique,
personalized links, but didn't want to deal with cookies.

> * the fonts seem really small on OSX with firefox -
> for me anyhow.

At my age all the fonts are really small.  But it's interesting that
firefox has small links.  Do you have one of those big Cinema
displays?  Maybe the fonts look small because the screen is so big?

> * Why put old versions of SWISH-E on
> http://swish-e.org/download/index.html ? Seems people
> might download the wrong version by mistake. Perhaps
> put non-current versions on their own page of
> 'previous releases'.

It's the same files that were on the old site.  I'll clean those up -
time permitting.