Re: Swish-e.org Website

From: Peter Farmer <peter.farmer(at)not-real.zveno.com>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 04:19:21 GMT
On Friday 11 February 2005 11:28 am, bmiele@ipnstock.com wrote:
> here is what firefox on freebsd5/xorg thinks of the new design:
>
> Feb 10 22:21:59 miggles kernel: pid 9461 (firefox-bin), uid 1001:
> exited on signal 6
>
> it "does" look great in lynx tho'

So far navigation and general page access and rendering has worked flawlessly
for me in :

Firefox 1.0 :  linux (fedora core 3), MacOSX 10.3.8, Windows 2K
Konqueror 3.3.1:  linux (fedora core 3)
Safari 1.2.4:    MacOSX 10.3.8
Mozilla 1.7:  MacOSX 10.3.8
Camino 0.8b:  MacOSX 10.3.8
IE 6.0SP1:  Windows 2K
IE 5.2:   MacOSX 10.3.8

a few small rendering issues found so far :
The font you are using for the "[List Archive]" label in the search page
results appears to be a bit small when rendered on some browsers (almost
unreadable on IE) .
The manual page boxed text areas (Synopsis etc) arent quite wrapping text
correctly (need to horiz. scroll off screen - which I presume is not your
intent). On Firefox the text doesnt wrap, though the box  stays within the
viewable window so the text overflows the box outline . On IE the box  fully
contains the text, but the text doesnt wrap on long lines and so the box goes
off screen.

Peter Farmer