Re: Search 501(c)(3)

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 01:01:12 GMT
On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 04:32:03PM -0800, Kristin Floyd wrote:
> I am trying to enable the following term to be searchable  501(c)(3)    I
> can't seem to get it to work.  Any ideas?

    Buzzwords 501(c)(3)

Will index it as a single term.  ( and ) are special chars so you need
to escape them when searching:

  swish-e -w '501\(c\)\(3\)'
  swish-e -w '"501(c)(3)"'  # inside a phrase

But even without Buzzwords the phrase option might be best.  Then you
can just search for 501 and find them.  "501 c 3" also works in that
case.

Use -T indexed_words and try indexing that term with and without
buzzwords.