Re: generation of large index failed with swish-e 2.4.3

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 00:14:43 GMT
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 04:08:02PM -0800, swishe wrote:
> I have to explain that we had two version of swish-e 2.4.3 on the
> same machine. One version without LARGEFILE support and one with:
>    swish-e-largefile / swish-e-smallfile
> We used a link in /usr/local/bin to toggle between both versions
> cause we've seen that our indexfiles which were built with
> swish-e-largefile are much greater than these with swish-e-smallfile
> which seems to be clear cause of the 32/64 bit presentation for
> data structures.

It won't work because swish-e uses a shared library.  When you built
the second version of swish you likely replaced the first .so with
another one.

You should be able to do this if you use a different --prefix for each
version, though, as they would have different library installation
dirs.

Use ldd to check that the binary is linking to the correct library.