Re: Question to Jos

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 13:36:14 GMT
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 02:08:56AM -0800, Gunnar Mätzler wrote:
> I am using the swish-e version 2.4.3 with the btree backend, cause i have to
> store the indexfiles on cd-rom sometimes. As i found out, the btree backend
> is much faster from cd-rom when it comes to wildcard searching.
>
> However i encountert a problem with the -L option (and the -s
> option).
>
> What i found out is, that when i try to access the meta_entry->sorted_data
> in create_lookup_array i get a series of zeros rather than the expected long
> values.

Hi Gunnar,

I'm wondering about this.  Does it happen always?  That is, does it
even happen after creating the index the very first time, or maybe
does it only happen after adding file(s) to an existing index?

After files are added to the index the pre-sorted index table must be
re-created.  So maybe that's where the problem is happening.
Otherwise, it may be that the table is never created in the first
place with btree.

> So here's my question. Is the -L option supposed to work with the
> btree backend? If so, any hint what might be going wrong?

Yes, the -L option is suppose to work.  But if the pre-sorted index
table is not being loaded correctly then it cannot work.

> If not, is it possible to get it working? And any hint where to
> start?

Sounds like you are debugging correctly.  I don't know the btree code
yet, but you could add some debugging to watch when the pre-sorted
tables are written to disk and try and see if they are being read back
correctly.

Sorry I can't be more help -- I'm away from my office for a few days.