Description choice...

From: John Almberg <jalmberg(at)not-real.identry.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 16:29:07 GMT
I'm working with swish.cgi. Something I don't understand about the text
chosen for the description...

When displaying results, some of the time the description is what you
would expect... the text surrounding the search term found on the page.
In this case, the search term is highlighted (using the default template
for swish.cgi).

However, at other times, the description is simply the first n words on
the page, which isn't very interesting or useful.

Anything I can do about this?

-- John

BUILDING YOU A BETTER ONLINE BUSINESS

Identry, LLC
Northport, NY 11768

Phone: (631) 754-8440
Fax: (631) 980-4262
Email: jalmberg@identry.com

Member: ABA, ANA, ASDA, APS, ESA, The Coalition Against Unsolicited
Commercial Email, Long Island Web Developer's Guild.

Visit us on the web at www.identry.com

to a plain text message.