Re: Error message from Swish-e at run

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 00:26:03 GMT
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 07:02:00PM -0500, Rob de Santos AFANA wrote:
> Thanks for the help...
> > Can you do this without it complaining?
> >
> >   perl -I/home/afana/public_html/swish-e/lib/swish-e/perl \
> >     -MSWISH::Stemmer -le 'print "hello"'
>
> I get:
> Can't open perl script " -MSWISH::Stemmer": No such file or directory

That doesn't make sense.  Why would it think that is a parameter and
not a command line switch?  -- is your "perl" a wrapper script?

    $ perl ' -Mfoo'
    Can't open perl script " -Mfoo": No such file or directory

So, how did you build the stemmer module?

> Yep, got that.  I just reverified that the file is in that directory and
> has appropriate file permissions set.

Then try this:

    strace -e trace=file perl -MSWISH::Stemmer -e exit 2>&1 | grep Stemmer

and you might be able to see why it's not finding it.