Re: SWISH::API and my lame perl skillz....

From: Brad Miele <bmiele(at)not-real.ipnstock.com>
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 21:53:49 GMT
ok, I already showed you the part where i build the array.

setting aside the template parsing, lets just say that inside the for
loop i try to look at one of the hash items:

for my $res(@results){
	print STDERR $res->{'id'}."\n";
}

here is what shows up in the error log:

SOAP::Server::handle:
SOAP::Fault::new: ()
SOAP::SOM::DESTROY: ()
SOAP::Serializer::envelope: ()
SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Server Bad index while coercing array into
hash at /usr/local/apache/lib/perl/Search.pm line 38.

so it is obviously a Soap issue, and not one for this list, but, now i
have you intrigued!

anyway, if i instead do:

for my $res(@results){
        print STDERR Dumper($res)."\n";
}

i get:

$VAR1 = [
          {
            'swishdbfile' => '/usr/local/indexes/ipn_ex_stem.index',
            'newsweight' => '2',
            'travelweight' => '2',
            'subject' => undef,
            'swishtitle' => undef,
            'swishlastmodified' => 1103062907,
            'weight' => 2,
            'profile' => 'YCbCr',
            'altkeys' => '7642302671 Robertstock-RM',
            'sort_date' => undef,
            'swishrank' => 1000,
            'image_restrictions' => undef,
            'released' => 'NOT RELEASED',
            'swishfilenum' => 249065,
            'swishreccount' => 1,
            'sportsweight' => '2',
            'tsize' => undef,
            'swishdocpath' => '/usr/local/indexing/xml_base/76423/7642302671.xml',
            'stem_sort' => undef,
            'date_shot' => 'n/a',
            'id' => '7642302671',
            'scienceweight' => '1',
            'adweight' => '-1',
            'file_size' => '0.56',
            'orig_id' => 'ACEUD0013GT',
            'celebrityweight' => '2'
          }
        ];

which seems to indicate that the hash is valid at least, i saw the
perldiag note on the error, but i didn't understand what it meant exactly.

thanks peter

Brad
 Brad Miele
 Technology Director