Re: use meta description and body tag to create the swishdescription

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 17:11:20 GMT
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:32:17AM -0800, intervolved none wrote:
> I tried all three ways but the "swishdescription" is only filled out
> if I have the meta description tag is defined.  If the page does not
> have one then the "swishdescription" is blank.   If the page has the
> meta description the "swishdescription" is made up of the meta
> description and the body.  That is fine.  If the page does not have
> a meta description then the "swishdescription" should be made up of
> what is in the body.
> Any ideas?

Sure.  Show your work.  Not to mention it's nice if you wrap your
lines, quote what you are saying above so I have some context, trim
extra text, and remove signatures.

moseley@bumby:~$ cat c
DefaultContents HTML2
StoreDescription HTML2 <body>
PropertyNameAlias swishdescription description

moseley@bumby:~$ cat t.html
blah blah2 blah3 ...

moseley@bumby:~$ swish-e -c c -i t.html -T properties -v0
          swishdocpath: 6 (  6) S: "t.html"
          swishdocsize: 8 (  4) N: "106"
     swishlastmodified: 9 (  4) D: "2005-01-13 09:04:03 PST"
      swishdescription:10 ( 20) S: "blah blah2 blah3 ..."

Help with Swish-e: