Re: use meta description and body tag to create the swishdescription

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 22:25:36 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 02:13:09PM -0800, intervolved none wrote:
> I am trying to index the site and have the swishdescription to be both the meta description field and text from the body tag.
>

> ****************  example file : 1.html *******

> ..

You spelled description wrong.

> I thought that the syntax was :
>
>    PropertyNames swishdescription
>    PropertyNameAlias swishdescription description body     <- description from the meta field and body from the body of the html doc.

I'd probably do it like:

    DefaultContents HTML2
    StoreDescription HTML2 <body>
    PropertyNameAlias swishdescription description

But you could do this, also:

    PropertyNames description
    PropertyNameAlias description body

Or maybe like you were trying:

    PropertyNames swishdescription
    PropertyNameAlias swishdescription description body

But "swishdescription" is noramlly used with StoreDescription.