Re: Database searching with swish-e

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 15:29:00 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:20:05AM -0800, Walter Lewis wrote:
> I believe the standard practice is to set up a script that generates
> "HTML" pages on the fly (without writing them to the filesystem).  These
> are then fed to the spider program (I haven't needed to touch the spider
> code at all.)
> You end up with something like this in the conf (the indexing
> configuration) file:
> 	IndexDir ./

You don't need the spider.  It does http requests for the docs.

There's an example script called that fetches the records
from the database and feeds them directly to swish-e (via STDOUT).

Bryon, keep in mind that swish-e is not a relational database so you
won't be able to do the queries you are used to doing.

Also be aware that swish-e won't likely scale as well as your
database.  Make sure you use -e when indexing or you may run out of

Help with Swish-e: