Re: stale NFS and SWISH::API

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 22:47:28 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote on 01/06/2005 04:39 PM:

> You could in your code stat the index file(s) before connecting then
> in your code compare the stat() at each request.  If they do not match
> then close the existing index and reopen.

yeah, that's what I thought. I was wondering if that kind of feature
would be useful as part of the API itself (like the stat[0,1] could be
remembered in the object somehow and then compared internally at every
Search() or something, throwing an exception or SwishError ?).

Is that a logical thing to try and work into the API errorchecking code?

Otherwise, I'll just take your approach and do it in my calling scripts.
--
Peter Karman . http://www.cray.com/craydoc/ . karman(at)not-real.cray.com
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."