Re: installing perl module problem

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 18:19:31 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote on 01/06/2005 12:01 PM:

> Should Makefile.pl try and set LD_RUN_PATH?

I wouldn't recommend going down that path (puns always intended).

I played for a long time with that idea and for reasons I can't remember
off hand, it was much easier to specify it in other ways.

The LIBS option to Makefile.pl is much more effective.

perl LIBS='-L/usr/local/lib' -lswish-e -lz'

and if memory serves, the LDFLAGS option (while documented) does not
seem to work as expected. It seems to be ignored altogether.
--
  Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter(at)not-real.peknet.com