Re: Ballpark disk space requirements

From: <Tom.Weimer(at)not-real.VerizonWireless.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 16:18:55 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote on 01/06/2005 09:32 AM:
> Disks are cheap.

Yes, disks are cheap.  Beauracracies, however, are sometimes expensive, and
this is more a case of the latter.  There are boxes to be checked, approvals
to secure, risks to assess, policies to follow from several Moore's Law
iterations ago.

Peter Karman wrote Thursday, January 06, 2005 10:56 AM:
> I have a search index for roughly 30,000 HTML docs
> 69M 2005-01-03 08:24 search.index
> 3.6M 2005-01-03 08:24 search.index.prop

Thank you, Peter.  I was just told that the current system is down to about
2GB of free space, so we should be able to squeeze Swish on there no
problem.

Best,

Tom
Tom Weimer
Verizon Wireless * Commercial Data Systems
Tom.Weimer@VerizonWireless.com