Re: Request for comments on new project

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 00:02:36 GMT
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 06:46:31PM -0500, Dave Seff wrote:
> I have looked at SWISHED. The one thin I wanted to avoid is apache.
> Swishd uses persistant connections and forks with each new connection.
> It doesn't not do any cacheing although I don't see any reason why it
> shouldn't have it.

Avoid Apache to save memory?  Or why?  I wonder how your code would
compare against SWISHED.

Have you done any benchmarks?  For example, compare against running
the swish-e binary or embedding swish in the client?  I understand
that your code allows multiple access to the same index server, which
is very useful.