Re: Request for comments on new project

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 23:32:49 GMT
Hi Dave,

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 03:24:38PM -0800, Dave Seff wrote:

> I have developed and client/server daemon that integrates with swish-e.
> It is written in C and is very buggy and breaks easily, but it's a
> start.

Are connections created for every request, or does the client (or
manager) maintain persistent connection with swishd?

Is any caching done on the swishd -- so if you ask for the same query
you can avoid searching the index again?  Might be helpful for viewing
"next" and "previous" pages.

Is swishd a single process?  That is, does it only process one request
at a time?  Or does it fork to process requests?

Have you looked at SWISHED at http://swishewiki.org/ ?  It uses
mod_perl for the server side.

> I have tarballs for submission but I don't know who to send them to.
> Like I said, It's buggy and breaks a lot. So any suggestions and patches
> are welcome. I am releasing it under the GPL.

Can you make it available some place?  Do you have any example code?