Re: Indexing pdf and doc

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 20:10:59 GMT
On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 12:01 -0800, Smith, Sarah wrote:
> Searching on Google, I found: "It can find catdoc.exe, but this is the error it returns when it can't find the document to parse."

OK, quick sanity check:

Which version of SWISH-E is this?

Was it installed using the exe from swish-e.org?

Is this the catdoc.exe included with that version of SWISH-E?

> And when I tried using wvWare.exe instead, I get the error: No such file '@\' (whatever that means).

Hrm, I'm not sure what that means either.

Could you give an example of the full filename for one of these
documents?  For example C:\files12345\stuff123\abc123.doc

> The actual doc file names have no spaces and are only alphanumeric (no underscore or punctuation marks).

And the directories the files are in are also named this way?

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/