Re: Indexing pdf and doc

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 20:10:59 GMT
On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 12:01 -0800, Smith, Sarah wrote:
> Searching on Google, I found: "It can find catdoc.exe, but this is the error it returns when it can't find the document to parse."

OK, quick sanity check:

Which version of SWISH-E is this?

Was it installed using the exe from

Is this the catdoc.exe included with that version of SWISH-E?

> And when I tried using wvWare.exe instead, I get the error: No such file '@\' (whatever that means).

Hrm, I'm not sure what that means either.

Could you give an example of the full filename for one of these
documents?  For example C:\files12345\stuff123\abc123.doc

> The actual doc file names have no spaces and are only alphanumeric (no underscore or punctuation marks).

And the directories the files are in are also named this way?

 David Norris
  ICQ - 412039