Re: Can Swish-e returns what words it has searched in the "stem_en" index files ??

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 14:25:53 GMT
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 02:06:35AM -0800, Prashant Badhe wrote:

>       Hi All,
>
> I am using Swish-e Ver. 2.4.0 with and without stemming of XML
> documents.
>
> I am using "stem_en" value for stemming.
>
> My problem is, when I search a word e.g. 'gravity', Swish-e returns
> me docs with words 'gravity', 'gravitation',
> 'gravitational',.... etc.  Now, I have to make those words display
> as highlighted. So I need to put some logic to find out which words
> did Swish-e finds in the Stemmed Index file. This is becoming very
> difficult.

No swish has not idea.  The stemming is done at indexing time, not
search time.

The example swish.cgi script can use the PhraseHighlight Perl package
to highlight text on stemmed indexes - it does that by stemming the
text to look for matches.  That can be quite slow.

SWISH::API (and the C library) provide ways to use the same stemming
code used while indexing.