making it go really fast

From: Brad Miele <bmiele(at)not-real.ipnstock.com>
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 23:18:37 GMT
hi,

I am in the process of building gateways to swish from three different
company's clientside applications. Even though the clients are different,
they all seem to have the same criteria for thier stuff.

1. authenticate (no swish-e here)
2. get hits for a query
2. get resultset for query
3. get info for individual records.
4...5...6... (no swish-e here)

I have had no trouble building these functions, and they work well, but
I am trying to optimize as much as possible while still leaving in the
various index properties that i need. with this in mind, i am wondering
what advice the list can offer to speed up the searching side of things,
particularily using the SWISH::API module.

i am thinking of trying:

- reducing indexed docs number to be more specific to the client
- placing indexes in a memory based file system
- following any advice i get from here.

thanks,

Brad
 Brad Miele