Re: SWISH-E Bug: Infinite Loop in uncompress1() on

From: Patrick O'Lone <polone(at)not-real.townnews.com>
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 14:41:48 GMT
Bill,

> Can you explain a bit more about this?  I assume it only shows up with
> -L because -L is reading properties (which are compressed with zlib).

Yes - but also in direct C API calls.

> It there another problem?  That is, is uncompress1 being called when
> it shouldn't be called?

No, it uncompress1() should be called for properties that are being
scanned on a range.

> Are you checking for EOF there?  Should that be instead:
>
>            if ( feof(fp) )
>                break;

Probably mean feof() there - basically, the conditional checks are
failing because there is flawed assumption that 0 is returned.

--
Patrick O'Lone
Software Project Manager

E-mail ... polone@townnews.com