Re: Working with SwishSetSearchLimit (or -L)

From: Tac Tacelosky <tac(at)not-real.smokescreen.org>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 15:23:12 GMT
In the ideal world, full-text and database searching would be tightly
integrated, and MySQL has done a pretty good job of doing that, but the
full-text search is not as fast or as strong as swish-e.

I suspect Gunnar is dealing with the same issue we are -- we don't want
to use both swish-e and the database, we just want to use one.
Particularly when dealing with millions of documents, it's very hard to
first do a full-text search, get all the results, then use those results
as a way to filter a database query.

I thought that swish-e did have some sort of numerical filter though --
at least for dates?  Or am I thinking of something else?

Tac