Re: files in /tmp

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 18:03:49 GMT
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:41:00AM -0800, David Hoare wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On moving my swish indexer to version 2.4 and transferring it to a Linux
> Redhat enterprise server. I have found that any pdf files that are being
> indexed leave a copy in a randomly named file in /tmp. Is there a way I
> can stop this happening?

Maybe if I had a better memory.  I seem to remember this issue coming
up before, but I'm not sure in what context.

If you look at pdf2html.pm you can see where "unlink $file" is
commented out.  I'm not sure why.  I might have done that once during
debugging and it got updated to cvs by mistake.

Can you move away from using pdf2html.pm and instead use the new
SWISH::Filter code for filtering?  I can help convert your
configuration.