Making SWISH::API->new() accept a list?

From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars(at)not-real.oddbit.com>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 19:23:15 GMT
Howdy all,

I've just started working with SWISH::API, and I was startled to find
that SWISH::API->new() doesn't actually accept a list of index files.
In fact, it accepts a scalar, which is a space seperated list of files.

Space seperated pathname lists are generally a bad idea...what if a path
component contains a space?  It's certainly possible, even on most Unix
filesystems, and if you're running Swish-E under Windows or OS X, it's
likely that you will encounter filenames with spaces.

It would also be a lot more perl-like to accept a list when, you know,
we're using a list.

I haven't worked with the Perl XS stuff before, but I'm looking at
coding that up right now.  If I get something working, I'll post it to
the list.  I'm assuming that I can replace this:

  handle = SwishInit( index_file_list );

With this (pseudocode):

  handle = SwishNew();

  FOR EACH file IN index_file_list DO