Skip to main content.
home | support | download

Back to List Archive

Re: Query String Being Converted to HTML Entity

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 17:20:57 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote on 11/23/04 12:22 PM:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 09:52:38AM -0800, Jon Sorensen wrote:
> 
>>In the output, swish was getting hung up on "&psi=3D"  in the query =
>>string.
>>It was converting it to the character entity of the greek alphabet "Psi" =
>>(&psi;)
>>and getting caught in an infintite loop:
> 
> 
> Interesting.  It's hard to see what's going -- seems like the list
> server doesn't deal with quoted printable mail. 
> 
> I also tried spidering and I didn't see any problems with psi.

fwiw, I've started avoiding all the & (ampersand) as delimiters in CGI 
urls. Instead, I use the XHTML standard ; (semicolon).

don't know if this is your problem, but it does look like somewhere your 
& is being interpreted as an entity rather than a CGI param delimiter.
-- 
Peter Karman  .  http://www.cray.com/craydoc/ .  karman(at)not-real.cray.com
Received on Mon Nov 29 09:20:59 2004