SWISH::API not limiting to metas

From: Brad Miele <bmiele(at)not-real.ipnstock.com>
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 20:59:32 GMT
*** disclaimer, 99% chance of operator error ***

hi,

I am having trouble with the perl api not limiting to metas, I have an
index that includes a metaname called shares which is a list of
collections that an image is shared into.

when i search from the command line i get:

swish-e -w \(elevator not Illustration not Royalty\) and \("shares=online"
and "shares=ipnstockpriA"\) -f indexing/indexes/ipn_ex_nostem.index
# SWISH format: 2.5.2
# Search words: (elevator not Illustration not Royalty) and (shares=online
and shares=ipnstockpriA)
# Removed stopwords:
# Number of hits: 26
# Search time: 0.738 seconds
# Run time: 0.810 seconds

my search from the web, which is sending the following as the $query:

DEBUG: initializing query_apply function
DEBUG: (elevator not Illustration not Royalty) and ("shares=online" and
"shares=ipnstockpriA")

is returning 121 results.

anything glaringingly apparent?

Brad
 Brad Miele
 Technology Director
 IPNStock
 (866) 476-7862 x902
 bmiele@ipnstock.com

 "If you ever want to get anywhere in politics, my boy, you're going to
have to get a toehold in the public eye."