Re: API make errors

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 15:49:12 GMT
I believe that a new feature in the Makefile.PL tries to determine the
location of the first swish-e in your PATH. If that version is not the
current 2.5.2 version, then your header and library are out of sync.

if you are installing 2.5.2 in a different location that 2.4.2 (which is
likely a good idea, since you're trying to set it up in parallel and
then move over, I assume), you might set the SWISHBIN env variable prior
to running perl Makefile.PL.

Example:

perl Makefile.PL SWISHBIN=/path/to/2.5.2/bin/swish-e

try:

perl Makefile.PL SWISHHELP

to see the new usage statement.

and finally, make sure you have done a 'make install' on the swish-e
binary before compiling the perl API. That way the API is getting the
current header and library files.

--
Peter Karman  .  http://www.cray.com/craydoc/ .  karman(at)not-real.cray.com