MetaAlias quack quack

From: Brad Miele <bmiele(at)not-real.ipnstock.com>
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 02:33:20 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get meta alias to work on an index of xml files, and, well,
I am having some trouble. Granted, it's a Saturday night, and perhaps I
shouldn't have let the amber glow of a finely crafted Maine microbrew
tempt me to undertake this task, but I did.

here is what I have in my conf:

MetaNames main_ad main_ed main_ne
UndefinedMetaTags auto

The defined Metas do not exist, but will be used as aliases later.

then for aliases:

MetaNameAlias main_ad subject photographer keywords orig_id limitkeys
MetaNameAlias main_ed subject photographer keywords orig_id limitkeys
MetaNameAlias main_ne subject photographer keywords orig_id short_caption

when i try to run the indexer i get:

err: MetaNameAlias - name 'subject' is already a MetaName or MetaNameAlias

and yes, it is a meta name, but i thought the point was to roll existing
meta names into one.

my goal is to be able to use subject=foo when i want, and main_ad=foo
also.

so i am sure that i am mising it, and if you reply tonight, keep it to
small words, as i will be returning to the comfort of my beer for now.

i guess if you reply tomorrow, do it it quietly.

Brad
 Brad Miele
 Technology Director
 IPNStock
 bmiele@ipnstock.com

 For some reason a glaze passes over people's faces when you say
"Canada".  Maybe we should invade South Dakota or something.
		-- Sandra Gotlieb, wife of the Canadian ambassador to
		   the U.S.