Re: ANNOUNCE: "Indexing Arbitrary Data with SWISH-E" PDF

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 20:15:35 GMT
On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 12:08:21PM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
> In case you haven't read Josh's paper, I recommend it. The comparison to
> mySQL is very helpful, especially the benchmarking charts and tables.

I'm using mySQL's full-text searching (in boolean mode) on a project.
Having the index always up to date is nice, but I really miss the
flexibility swish-e offers.  And I do notice it being a bit slower
than swish.  I also couldn't see a way to make the default search AND
instead of OR.

Anyone tried Postgresql's full-text option?