Re: How do I search all indexes?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 21:56:39 GMT
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 09:36:58AM -0800, Martens, Brian wrote:
> swish_index     => [qw (e:\HSPN\TEST_html_portal\EMS\emskb.index
> e:\HSPN\TEST_html_portal\EMS\emsfaq.index)],
>

> right now two checkboxes show up and only the first is checked.  I would
> like either both checkboxes selected when the search page loads, or none of
> the checkboxes to load and the search uses both indexes.  Either way I'd
> like the net effect to be that both indexes are searched by default.  Any
> help would be appreciated.

Try search the list archive.

  http://swish-e.org/Discussion/search/swish.cgi?query=checkbox&sort=swishlastmodified&reverse=on

So, one option is to set the default in your config file (set default
CGI parameters.

I don't know what you are using to generate the output for swish.cgi,
but for TemplateDefault.pm you can set the default value in the
get_index_select_list() function or modify that function to get the
default from the config file.  I think someone posted a patch for that
at one point.  Should be an easy modification.