Re: Local install of swish-e-2.4.1 on Linux

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 16:00:30 GMT
Roman Chyla wrote on 11/1/04 9:08 AM:

> hello
>
> I have just tried the buildswishe.pl program - there was old path to zlib
> (http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.i.tar.gz)

yes, I can see the typo. I'll put a fix in today.

> Many thanks to Peter Karman

you're welcome. glad it worked. thanks for trying it out.

> Later, I will try to build swish-e at home (Slackware 9, with zlib and
> libxml, and without) and copy to webserver machine and see...
> .. and possibly, I might try the worst possible variant, ISP without shell
> access

Bill's comments about --prefix and DESTDIR should be heeded, however. I
know that buildswishe.pl uses --disable-shared to try and avoid the
dynamic linking issues that sometimes occur when moving binaries around,
but that might not be enough when moving from your local machine to your
ISP.

let us know, either way.

--
Peter Karman  .  http://www.cray.com/craydoc/ .  karman(at)not-real.cray.com