Re: Local install of swish-e-2.4.1 on Linux

From: Peter Karman <karpet(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 14:28:03 GMT
must it be 2.4.1?

I ask because I would be curious to see if the buildswishe.pl script in
the current cvs daily would handle this need.

you might run it as:

perl buildswishe.pl --installdir /tmp/swishe

and then tar up /tmp/swishe and unpack it on your destination machine.

buildswishe.pl builds with --disable-shared libraries and tries to
resolve all the include and lib paths for you. I use it to build on
different *nixes.

I don't know if the compiled binaries would work on a different machine,
but you might try it and let us know if it does.

pek

--
Peter Karman  peter@peknet.com  651.208.6116