Re: diff'ing indexes

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 04:05:53 GMT
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 03:14:58PM -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
> using the same config order solved the problem. my best guess is that
> swish stores numbers instead of metanames, and since those numbers are
> derived from the order of metanames in the config, the order is vital
> when merging.

Well, there might be a difference in the indexes depending on the
order they are merged just because one is processed before the other.
But, IIRC the merging of the meta names uses the text name of the
metaname, not any internal number.  It's expected that the internal
number used to represent a metaname would be different in different

That is, if the order of the metanames in each index is different and
that causes problems then that's a bug.