Re: diff'ing indexes

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 22:15:17 GMT
I just stumbled on my answer without needing to use Josh's tip, but I
will file it away for future reference. I try to 'discover' a new unix
command each week, and 'od' is mine for the week. :)

my problem turned out to be that I was trying to merge two indexes that
had the same properties and metanames, but they were listed in a
different order in their respective config files. the resulting merge
had the correct properties, but searching for meta=foo failed, even
though a dump showed the correct value was present.

using the same config order solved the problem. my best guess is that
swish stores numbers instead of metanames, and since those numbers are
derived from the order of metanames in the config, the order is vital
when merging.

thanks again, Josh.

--
Peter Karman  -  http://www.cray.com/craydoc/ -  karman(at)not-real.cray.com