swish-e.org web site update request

From: Steve van der Burg <steve.vanderburg(at)not-real.lhsc.on.ca>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 19:18:16 GMT
I'm the owner of the content that's pointed to by the "SWISH-E and
Document Abstracting" link on http://swish-e.org/Scripts/ (link points
to http://www.lhsc.on.ca/swish-e/).

Can you please remove that link?  I've just made a jump to the present
by finally converting my own site (1600 or so documents) over to Swish-e
2.4.2, so I'll be taking that stuff down soon.
My mods to swish-e 1.x added:
  - document abstracting (a half-assed version of descriptions, now in
2.x)
  - paged results (also in the distributed CGI scripts for 2.x)
  - a persistent spider (also in 2.x, and I never documented or offered
my
    version for 1.x anyway)

Now that 2.x does all of that, there's no need for the pages that
describe how to implement my mods, or to use them.  In fact, having the
link up will actually confuse people who are just starting out with
swish-e.

Thanks, and thanks to the development team for doing such great work!
I love the search term highlighting, document filtering and SWISH:: perl
modules for swish 2.x.  Spidering is faster, searches are faster and the
CGI code required is a lot smaller.  Keep up the good work!

..Steve

--
Steve van der Burg
Information Management

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  This information
may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via a
return e-mail and destroy original message.  Thank you for your
cooperation.