Memory issues even with -e

From: Tuc <tuc(at)not-real.ttsg.com>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 16:03:14 GMT
Hi,

	I'm trying to index a few large sites, which I copy locally using
"webcopy". Once I finish the copy, I run it with "-e" . It ran for 12 or so
hours before I got :

vjofn2# /usr/local/bin/swish-e -e -i /news/webcopy
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Indexing "/news/webcopy"
swish-e in malloc(): error: allocation failed
Abort (core dumped)

	There are a few subdirectories :

348430  site1
547210  site2
6048    site3
77880   site4
16678   site5
18      site6.a
3138    site6.b
4088    site7

	I saw that I could do it by individual directory, then use the "-M"
to merge, or allow the searches to use "-f". I think that if I do the "-M"
that even with "-e" it will cause the memory allocation issue. And I'm
afraid with the "-f" that the search will take too long to join them all.

	Is there something I can do? This system already has 2G of memory
in it and 2 Xenon 2.6G CPU's.

		Thanks, Tuc