Re: SV: Strange Conversion error

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 04:38:54 GMT
On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:20:44PM -0700, Harald Heggelund wrote:
>               Total Docs:        464  (3.4/sec)
>              Unique URLs:        467  (3.4/sec)

> problem 1): Why is "unique URLs"=467, while "files indexed"=151?

That is weird.  Someone likely has an explanation, but it seems weird.

So, assuming you have these tools on Windows, if you ran:

    perl spider.pl [...] > output
    grep Path-Name output | wc -l

it would report back 467.

Then if you did:

    swish-e -S prog -i stdin < output

swish would report only 151 files indexed?

> problem 2) is cosmetic: When I click a search result I want to open the link
> in a new browser windows (that is, linking with an href tag with
> target="_blank").  I've been looking around the swish.pl file but it's far
> from obvious where to modify the result link...

I assume you mean swish.cgi?  Well, there's more than one method of
generating output from the program, but assuming you are using the
default setup you would modify TemplateDefault.pm.  Look for a
subroutine called "show_result()" and a <a href="... should be
obvious.