Re: "No SWISH filters found"?

From: Richard Morin <rdm(at)not-real.slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 16:35:46 GMT
On Sep 21, 2004, at 7:16 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> swish-filter-test -verbose foo

Trying that, I got much the same messages that I
previously sent to the list.  Looking at your
email, however, I see that your run loaded the
Pdf2HTML filter, whereas mine did not even try.

It appears that the Pdf2HTML filter uses the
command "pdftotext", which is not on my path:

   % which pdftotext
   pdftotext: Command not found.

Is this command a critical part of PDF processing
under spider.pl?  If the command is missing, will
spider.pl simply punt loading Pdf2HTML.pm?

The Swish-e install instructions say:

   ... the Swish-e distribution includes a module
   called SWISH::Filter::Pdf2HTML that uses the
   pdftotext and pdfinfo utilities provided by the
   Xpdf package.

So, I grabbed the latest version of xpdf (3.0) and
put the executables in ~/local/bin.  Thus:

   % which pdftotext
   /u/gl/rdm/local/bin/pdftotext

I also did a rehash, just to be on the safe side.
Nonetheless, the test command still makes no effort
to find the Pdf2HTML filter.

Might there be something I need to do to tell
Swish-e to look for this?

-r