multiple site problem, sbm not working

From: Gray Watson <gray.swish(at)>
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 02:26:54 GMT
[ I sent this before but I didn't get it back and I don't see it in
the archive.  My apologies if this is a duplicate. ]

Sorry for the FAQ but I can't find this meantioned in the list
archives or documentation.

I have 4 websites on my one server and I want to be able to search
each site in turn as well as all of them if necessary.  What I am
seeing when I use sbm, it works great for all URLs _except_ the root
of the site.

For example, I have and  When I do the search
for osama+shirt using a sbm of, I don't get the URL

When I do the same search using a sbm of, it returns root.

Before I go hunting through the code, can anyone help?  What am I
doing wrong?

I'm using 2.4.2 with the perl spider.
Gray Watson