Re: enhancement request

From: Bernhard Weisshuhn <bkw(at)not-real.weisshuhn.de>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 21:24:13 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 01:57:11PM -0700, Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> > In any case, your question about my robots.txt file presumes
> > that I have a robots.txt file (as far as I know, I do not).
> > If I had the URL, I'd know where to start looking...
>
> Well that's easy: it's http://<yourserver>/robots.txt

I'd be willing to bet he has his webserver set up in a way not to return
a 404 for nonexisting documents but to display a layouted page
(without the proper status 404 of course) with the Word "Sutton" in it...

Thanks you again Microsoft for your generic error messages in IE on status
4xx.  That made life so much easier for all of us... NOT!

cheers,
  bkw