Re: enhancement request

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 20:59:18 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 01:37:50PM -0700, Richard Morin wrote:
> The spidering script certainly knows where it's looking, at
> any given time.  Does the module not return a status code?  Sigh.

perldoc LWP::RobotUA for how it works.  Like I said, it's not
spider.pl that's fetching that file.  It would be nice if that module
gave a better message -- you could bring that up on the LWP list as
it only makes sense if you understand the context of the message.

Well that's easy: it's http://<yourserver>/robots.txt