Re: enhancement request

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 20:39:42 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 01:28:23PM -0700, Richard Morin wrote:
> I decided to spider my web pages, using the the method given
> in the "INSTALL - Swish-e Installation Instructions":
>      # Example for spidering
>      # Use the "" program included with Swish-e
>      IndexDir
>      # Define what site to index
>      SwishProgParameters default http://...
> When I ran the program, I saw the following messages:
>    rdm@flora02 $ swish-e -S prog -c swish2.conf
>    Indexing Data Source: "External-Program"
>    Indexing ""
>    External Program found: /u/gl/rdm/local/lib/swish-e/
>    No SWISH filters found

Hum, "No SWISH filters found" -- I wonder if that's because you don't
have catdoc or pdftotext or if the SWISH::Filters::* modules cannot be
found.  My guess it's the first and I won't worry about it.

>    /u/gl/rdm/local/lib/swish-e/ Reading parameters from
> 'default'
>    RobotRules: Unexpected line: Sutton
> Clearly, some program found "Sutton" somewhere and wasn't happy,
> but this isn't enough information to allow the user to debug
> anything.  Could we have a more comprehensive error message?

No, sorry.  That's not a message generated from any of the code we
control -- rather from (I suspect) the module that parsers the
robots.txt file.  Do you have an invalid line in your robots.txt file
with the word "Sutton"?

Help with Swish-e: