enhancement request

From: Richard Morin <rdm(at)>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 20:36:57 GMT
I decided to spider my web pages, using the the method given
in the "INSTALL - Swish-e Installation Instructions":

     # Example for spidering
     # Use the "" program included with Swish-e

     # Define what site to index
     SwishProgParameters default http://...

When I ran the program, I saw the following messages:

   rdm@flora02 $ swish-e -S prog -c swish2.conf
   Indexing ""
   External Program found: /u/gl/rdm/local/lib/swish-e/
   No SWISH filters found
   /u/gl/rdm/local/lib/swish-e/ Reading parameters from
   RobotRules: Unexpected line: Sutton

Clearly, some program found "Sutton" somewhere and wasn't happy,
but this isn't enough information to allow the user to debug
anything.  Could we have a more comprehensive error message?