Re:

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 13:48:58 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 04:36:23AM -0700, J.C.McNulty wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have trouble installing swish-e 2.4.2 on Sun Solaris 8. When running
> make check, I get the following error:

By the way, you found your solution:

> Problem solved, I didn't have the LB_LIBRARY_PATH to include
> /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure I always agree, but you might search on google:

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH considered harmful

Let me ask the users of Solaris here:  This is the third time this has
come up this month.  Why is it that gcc is installed and in the path,
yet the libraries are installed in /usr/local/lib and the system
library search path doesn't include /usr/local/lib?  Is this something
done by Sun?  Or is it the case of system admins not setting things up
correctly?