Re: Swish-e Ranking for Search within XML files

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 15:54:16 GMT
On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 08:36:55AM -0700, Tomek Noi?ski wrote:

> I think something might not work well with MetaNamesRank.

Can I recommend that you get into rank.c and add a few printf()
statements?  My guess is that will be the fastest way to see why
things are not working like you expect.

Print out what "meta_bias" is, and how it's changing the
word_score.  rank.c is scaling the raw word_socre after applying the
rank_bias, which is basically taking the log() of the raw score.  It
might be that the bias is not significant enough to have an effect.