Re: Retrieving metatag content

From: Peter B. Ensch <peterbe(at)not-real.comcast.net>
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 13:40:02 GMT
On Sunday 12 September 2004 8:13 am, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 11:59:15AM -0700, Peter B. Ensch wrote:
> > I'm building a web form which will build a metatag-only
> > search string passed to swish-e.
> >
> > Foreach metatag name, I want to offer a pulldown containing
> > a list of all the values for that metatag in the indexed files.
> >
> > I can get a list of these values by parsing the output of:
> > swish-e -T index_words_meta
> >
> > This is my problem. If I have files with these metatags:
> > name='nonsense' content='foo bar'
> > name='nonsense' content='bing bang'
> > name='nonsense' content='fe fi'
> >
> > then the values I retrieve from the index using the above command are:
> > nonsense = ('foo', 'bar', 'bing', 'bang', 'fe', 'fi')
> >
> > what I would like is:
> > nonsense = ('foo bar', 'bing bang', 'fe fi')
>
> Ok, so how about using -T properties when indexing (or -T index_files
> on an existing index) and use PropertyNames nonsense in your config?
>
>     $ swish-e -c c -i 1.html -T properties | grep nonsense
>               nonsense:11 (  7) S: "foo bar"

That's the solution I came up with overnight also. The only downside
to that approach is that it increases the index size by including
PropertyNames which I actually never use other than to build my web
form widgets (needless to say I have quite a few more Meta/Property
names than in my example).

Thanks for your help,
Peter

--